Sunday, January 20, 2013

Preston’s Blessing

We blessed Preston on December 30th 2012. My mom made his blessing outfit and we were so grateful for this because I totally spaced it about a blessing outfit until about two days before the blessing day, so my mom was a saint and offered to make one. It was so cute and fuzzy that he looked like a little cuddly teddy bear!! I forgot to take pictures the day of, so these were actually taken a week later and he has grown so much in just a week that his outfit is already pretty snug on him.
DSC02264
DSC02266
Learning how to smile!!
DSC02267
Doesn’t he just look so snuggly!! What a cutie!!
DSC02268
A proud Daddy (handsome too, that must be where Colton and Preston get it from!!)
DSC02269
DSC02271

Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church Weldon and I told the kids that today was Preston's blessing day and that we were going to bless him at church. Colton said "oh, so he can be baby Jesus?" We wondered where that came from, and just said no he is not baby Jesus, he is baby Preston. later that morning Weldon was listening to the Tabernacle Choir and he asked Colton who they were singing about/for, Colton said " They are singing for Heavenly Father and Baby Preston!!" The only thing that we can figure is that all during the Christmas season we talked about how the reason we have Christmas is because Jesus was born. We would tell the story and then say something like Jesus was a little baby, just like baby Preston. I think somewhere along the way we confused them into thinking that Preston is baby Jesus, so we had to do a little bit of damage control on that idea!! Preston is sweet and perfect though so I suppose I can see how a mistake like that could happen. I think it is cute how sweet and innocent children are and how the way they understand some of the things that we say is just funny, but I am trying to do better about how I explain things so that I can make sure to explain them in a way that they will understand and not get confused about things.

3 comments:

  1. What a little chunk! He is getting so big! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I don't think Preston looks as much like Colton and Kaci! He is his own little man! So dark and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thanks!! I think so too, he sure is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete