Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I hate Being Behind on Blogging!!

Wow, just wow. Have you ever been so far behind on your blog that you don’t even know where to start? Well that is where I am right now. I am so far behind that I am tempted to just give up, but then I look at the kids and think about all of the fun and cute things that they do that I don’t want to forget and my blog is my way of journaling so even though catching up is hard sometimes it is worth it to keep these memories. This blog post may be jumbled and the pictures may be out of order, but oh well!

i00342

Colton wanted a crown so I made him one and then he insisted that every one should have one. It’s amazing how much fun kids can get out of a piece of paper and some tape!! and Daddy is such a good sport that he played along too.

i00344

i00006

Preston the giraffe! Weldon thought that he looked like one of the lost boys from Peter Pan because of the way his long curly hair stuck out of the suit.

i00007

Preston actually really liked this little costume and it was as if he knew how adorable he looked in it.

i00015

Daddy and Preston being tricky!!

i00018

Preston’s first haircut! It was over five inches long and he was almost a year old so it was time. I held on to these curls as long as I could and I won’t lie I seriously cried a little when I was done cutting them off!

i00020

i00021

HAHA look at all that hair!!

i00030

At first this was the shortest I could go, but I got braver and took about another inch off. I kept his curls in a bag for a few weeks still because I couldn’t part with them but then was finally able to throw them away.

i00345

After his haircut he KNEW he looked good! it was just crazy to me how much cutting a few inches off aged him. Now he looked like a super handsome toddler instead of a super cute baby. I have since embraced the shorter hair and keep his hair probably and inch or so shorter then it is here. He is just a cutie no matter what his hair is like. The only thing is that with it shorter I don’t know if it is still curly or not. I think that it is but because his curls were so big and loose I can’t tell anymore.

i00035

 

This is a picture of Colton helping me make Spaghetti. This boy LOVES spaghetti! he was so funny because while he was helping me with dinner he had his tasting spoon and I thought he was going to eat all of the sauce before the pasta was done. It sure is nice to have something that he likes to eat though!! He is such a good helper.

i00085

Brothers are awesome!!

i00025

One day we went out to Grandma Wendy’s because the tractors had just plowed the fields and we were going to play in the soft dirt and the kids both wanted to wear hats and wear them backwards because they were “cool”.

i00026

These two are such good friends and they really get along pretty good most of the time. It is cute to watch them and listen to their conversations.]

i00028

Preston got to play in the dirt for all of about two seconds before he attempted to eat a rock (shown here) then he got to go inside and play with Grandma, but the other two got to play in the dirt with their buckets and toys.

i00041

Playing in the dirt with toy truck and tractors is lots of fun

i00034

This is the super cute and sweet sign that Weldon put up for me one day when I was having a bad day. It says in pictures “ I love you Randa” it was so nice of him and it instantly made me feel better. He is always so sweet and thoughtful like that, I lucked out in the husband department!!

i00089

One day in the early fall we went out side to play and I took some pictures of the kids. Colton cracks me up because he likes to be a ‘farmer’ with a long piece of grass in his mouth.

i00090

Handsome Preston in the stroller

i00092

Kaci walking around with a stick pretending to be “a little old lady” who has a cane. (Aren’t kids funny?)

i00099

i00142

Wrestlemania with Daddy!!

i00148

Kaci likes to get her princess jammies on and then she will come out and say “Dance with me Colton!” and they will dance together! It is pretty darling, here they are perfecting ‘the spin’.

i00168

Watching and waiting for the cookies to be done

i00199

Weldon is such a great Dad, he is always willing to get down and play with the kids and make them feel loved and special.

i00201

Smooshing Mama!

i00143

When Preston was learning how to walk  it was cute because he would hang on to Kaci’s pajamas and use her to balance him while he walked around, and she was always really good to go slow and be careful so he could keep up.

i00169

Practicing walking

i00208

Decorating the Christmas Tree

i00215

I think that Preston was so excited because usually we don’t let him touch stuff like this! LOL its not a big deal though because the bulbs are plastic.

i00220

Colton thought it was fun to hide between the Christmas tree and the wall

One night Weldon woke me up and said “its raining!” We could hear the rain on the roof and it sounded like a pretty good consistent rain so we were excited to wake up in the morning and see how much rain we got. When we looked outside we realized that it had not rained but that all of the leaves had fallen off of the trees by our house and it was the leaves falling that we thought was rain. There were so many leaves! We had to get coats on every one and go play in them.

i00241

i00240

At first Preston hated his coat until he realized that he got to go outside.

i00242

i00243

Colton loved to bury himself completely in the leaves

i00247

i00248

Weldon jumping face first into one of the leaf piles

i00248

This is Colton’s face from the above picture, it is kind of blurry but you can still see how excited it was to see his Daddy jumping in the leaf pile.

i00249

i00250

Kaci preferred to stay on the side lines because she could hear the cars from the road and she was too afraid that on would come down the little drive we were playing in. She still had fun though, mostly she wanted to go to Wal-Mart and get the candy canes that I had promised her we would go get to hang on the Christmas tree.

i00254

Here I am jumping in the leaves, this was the first time I had ever done that and it was pretty fun!

i00255

 

i00264

i00267

This handsome kid is ALWAYS up for and adventure!!

i00272

It was a really fun day and I am so glad that Weldon talked me into participating. It was cold so I was going to stay inside with Preston but I am glad that I went out and played. I sure love me family!!

Ok these next pictures are older because they are from October, I believe they are even before Preston’s haircut.

i00352

We carved the most beautiful pumpkin this year that my parents grew in their garden. This thing was huge and it made the best Jack-O-Lantern ever!! I had more pictures of us carving it and with Colton and Kaci too but I accidentally deleted them, so this is it. It was fun though!!

i00353

For Halloween Kaci was a princess (surprise, surprise!) Colton wanted to be a Vampire, and Preston was a Giraffe. Weldon did Colton’s makeup and Colton was so proud, he thought he looked so tough and scary! I did Kaci up as a princess, I didn’t have any black tights, so we borrowed some of Grandpa’s knee high black socks and just put them on her, they were big enough that they went up to her thighs and looked like tights, although I suppose that if she had done the “can-can” or something people may have thought that she was a saloon girl rather then a princess, so it is a good thing that she did a good job of keeping her dress down LOL. The kids had a blast and they wished that it was Halloween every day!!

i00361

Here they are at the Trunk-or-Treat with cousins Jayla and Annie Mae.

Well that catches me up a little bit, I still have a long way to go before I feel like I am caught up enough to be current but we will get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment