Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kaci’s First Birthday!!

Kaci had her first birthday on the fourth and it was such a fun day. First we woke up and had hot chocolate and waffles for breakfast, (Kaci is a hot chocolate junkie) and then played at home and got ready for the day. Then we went to the store and got Kaci a birthday present, then took naps, woke up, ate lunch, played with her present all afternoon, had Colton help make Kaci’s birthday cheesecake, went on a walk, ate dinner, and then sang “Happy Birthday” to Kaci and had cheesecake. Then it was off to bed. All in all a good day.

I can’t believe that my little Kaci bug is a year old. It has gone so fast I can hardly believe it. I was looking through pictures since she was born and it seems like as fast as I was going through them was how fast this year has gone. Kaci has been such a wonderful addition to our family and I can’t imagine life with out her now. She is such a good, sweet little girl who is always so happy and fun to be around. One thing I really love about her is that she still loves to snuggle. It makes me feel good to get little Kaci loves. I think that it is so funny how much she and Colton love each other. He wants to feed her and play with her and take care of her, and she just adores him. Yesterday Weldon and I were playing with her by giving her a ball and then pulling it away really fast. She was smiling and laughing a little bit, then Colton decided that he wanted to play the game with her and then she thought it was just the funniest thing ever. She was laughing so so hard. I don’t know if I have ever heard her laugh that hard with any one else but Colton. He can do no wrong as far as Kaci is concerned. They are so cute together. I am so glad that Kaci came along to keep Colton company and that Colton has always been such a good brother to Kaci.

Here are some pictures of her birthday.

DSC01400

Kaci with her new toy, looking super cute in the darling new outfit that Monie gave her for her birthday.

DSC01401

Goofy excited face

DSC01405

DSC01406

Some assembly required. Good thing there are two little helpers!!

DSC01409

Colton loved her little toy and I think he played with it more then he has ever played with any thing that we have gotten for him!

DSC01410

Kaci was a little afraid of her toy at first and mostly played with the packaging.

DSC01413

Later in the afternoon she got braver and played with Colton and her little elephant toy.

DSC01414

Birthday blueberry cheesecake!!  Perfect for messy face pictures!!

DSC01420

I was really surprised that she was able to eat her whole slice, she loved it and just ate it by the fist full. It was cute to watch and she definitely enjoyed it. Oh how I love my Kaci girl! Thanks for being part of our family!!

1 comment: