Thursday, August 16, 2012

Magic Sleeping Blanket

Colton and I made a toddler sized levi blanket for his bed. He was really excited because he got to push the pedal while I directed the fabric. After it was all sewn together we put flannel on the back and tied it. We told him it was his “Magic Sleeping Blanket” and that it helps him sleep all by himself in his own bed. The best part is that that it really does! For the first time ever he falls asleep on his own with out being rocked, and sleeps all through the night in his own bed. We just made a really big deal out of his “Magic Blanket” and how well he sleeps. It is cute because he tells every one about his magic blanket and that it helps him sleep. I think that part of why it is so special for him is because he got to be the one to make it and he had lots of fun doing that.

DSC01944

Here Colton is working the pedal.

DSC01950

Trying it out for size.

DSC02025

The finished Levi quilt!!

DSC02026

Colton is very proud of his little quilt and it was surprisingly fun for me to help him make it because he got so excited about everything he got to do. The hard part was that he wanted to do it all by himself and he would get frustrated sometimes because I wouldn’t let him do everything. He also developed a fascination with the back stitch button and he wanted to push it every time we would stop and start again so I really had to watch him. I think we made some good memories though and I am glad that if nothing else bedtime is wonderful now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment