Monday, February 11, 2019

May 2018



 Kaci and Daddy for their Daddy Daughter dance. they went to dinner and then to the dance, the boys and I stayed home and had ice cream sandwiches and watched a show

 Mother son game night, we went to dinner and then to the school and played games


Last month was April fools and the kids had been looking forward to it since last year. Colton had big plans on how to prank us. He wanted to paint mustaches on us while we were sleeping and put shaving cream on our hands while we slept and then tickle our noses so we got it all over our faces. I told him not to do anything that would wake us up and that those tricks probably wouldn’t work any way since we wouldn’t sleep through that. Well at about four thirty that morning he comes into the room lugging the humidifier with him and planning on plugging it in and aiming the vapor at my face to wake me up and prank me. I am ashamed to say that I was MAD. The main reason I told him not to wake us up is because I tend to wake up angry and I need a few minutes before I can be a nice person. I got after him and he felt bad and was disappointed because the one day he had been planning for months was going wrong and he didn’t have anything to prank us with. I felt bad for overreacting. I should have just dealt with it and played along but I blew it. I promised him that in the morning I would help him think of some things he could do to prank us. When a decent waking hour rolled around we got up for the day and I asked Colton to help me make breakfast. (One of the things that I admire most about Colton is that he doesn’t sulk and pout about things, like I probably would have, and he was happy to help me with my plans) Since it was Easter we just had toast with cinnamon sugar, except I had Colton help me mix up a small batch of cinnamon and SALT and replace the cinnamon sugar with our new mixture. Then we made toast and served it to everyone and tried to unobviously watch their reactions. Preston got to his first and took a huge bite, and chewed and chewed some more and then swallowed and said “Something tastes different”. I couldn’t believe he actually ate it and didn’t just spit it out right away. We laughed about this and then gave them their actual toast with cinnamon sugar.  Then I asked the kids if they wanted some juice. (We never have juice) they were all excited and I got the cups out of the fridge and put straws into them and gave them to the kids. They were even more excited when they realized their ‘juice’ was actually jello that I had made the night before. (We have jello even less than we have juice).

Weldon was outside hiding Easter eggs so we brainstormed how to prank him. I came up with some ideas that I tossed out there, like put lime juice on his tooth brush, or stuff some socks into his boots so when he gets his boots on they won’t fit right ect… Then the kids got creative and put some jello in his coffee, AND the lime juice on his toothbrush AND stuffed his boots. As soon as he got back inside they gave him his nasty coffee (which he actually tasted instead of just faking, bless his heart). Then while they were still laughing about that they made him brush his teeth and put his boots on. And he had NO idea that he was being set up and was SO surprised about everything. Haha he is a good sport, although he did protest loudly that it was very unfair that I was the one into April fools so why were they picking on him, which made it even funnier for them.

After all of this we went outside and pick up Easter eggs and then came inside and read the story of Easter and talked about that and why we actually celebrate Easter. Then it was lunch time and for my last prank of the day I took the ice out of the ice dispenser in our freezer and replaced it with jelly beans, then asked Kaci to get some ice water for lunch. (They always get the ice and then the water to have with lunch so she was unsuspecting.) When she pushed the button for ice the jelly beans came out and filled the pitcher. They kids thought this was the coolest thing ever, and now even a month later, Preston still says “Remember when jelly beans came out instead of ice… that was so cwazy!”

The kids did try to prank me by putting ceran wrap on the toilet but that didn’t work and I thought I was going to make it through the day unpranked, but before dinner I saw Colton whispering to Weldon so I knew they were up to something. When Weldon asked me to get some ice water for dinner, I thought maybe something would come out of the ice dispenser again. The ice came out fine so I thought maybe they had planned something for later and moved to the sink to put some water in the pitcher. When I turned on the water I got sprayed and pretty soaked before my mind caught up enough to turn off the water. Colton had asked Weldon to put a pony tail holder around the spraying hose to hold it in the ‘on’ position so when I turned on the water instead of it coming out of the faucet like I expected it too it came out of the sprayer and soaked me. I screamed and everyone laughed, including me because they got me pretty good, and Colton was able to go to bed happy knowing he got me good. 

Last month Weldon also accidentally cut himself while woodworking and we had to drive him to the hospital to get stitches. It was pretty yucky. Kaci had been reading to him while he was working so he likes to tease her that he was so focused on the story that he stopped paying attention to what he was doing. 

Getting ready to remove his own stitches


 Making a work bench, Weldon was so patient and nice even when all the kids wanted to help out


 At the dentist, that laughing gas made him so goofy!!


Monkey feet
 found a cool mushroom and a really old headstone


 Cross dressers!
My birthday
 The kids made a smoothie stand

No comments:

Post a Comment