Friday, February 17, 2012

The Best Things About Getting Ready for Bed

I think that most parents will agree when I say that the kid’s bedtime is one of the best parts of the day. It’s not that you don’t love them and don’t enjoy having them awake and spending time with them, but it is nice to be able and have a few minutes to recharge for the next day. One of my favorite things about bedtime is that our bedtime routine includes reading stories and lots of snuggles. I really cherish these times because I know they won’t last forever.

After we bathe the kids we read some books and have prayers, and then I rock Kaci while Weldon reads a book to Colton, then I rock Colton to sleep. It is a good time for all of us to spend time together and wind down.

DSC01731

Weldon and Kaci and Colton reading a Dr. Seuss book before bed.

DSC01721

I know you can’t see them, but this is Weldon and Colton under a blanket with a flashlight reading a book. I thought it was a good idea and Colton had so much fun because he got to hold the flashlight.

DSC01734

This is actually during the middle of the day but it was a cute picture and I just couldn’t believe that he just climbed in the chair and went to sleep on his own, that never happens!!

DSC01735

This is how I rock Colton every night, with his milk, his snuggle blanket, his book, and George. (His little monkey that you can’t see because he is under the blanket)

No comments:

Post a Comment