Monday, December 17, 2012

Life Since Preston

Things have been a bit of an adjustment around here going from two kids to three. I have heard that three is the hardest because now as parents you are outnumbered but so far that hasn’t really been the case. It hasn’t been really any more difficult in that sense, but it is different because now as a parent you are constantly saving the new baby’s life from their very loving siblings who are just so excited for the new baby and who want to hold him all the time and don’t understand that only Mama and Daddy can pick him up.  The other day I took Kaci to the bathroom and was just gone maybe 30 seconds and come back to see that some how Colton had lifted Preston out of the bassinet thing and climbed on to the couch with him and was sitting there holding him. Talk about nearly giving me a heart attack!! Here is a picture of how I found Colton sitting and holding Preston.

couch

He was supporting him pretty good but I still had to try and explain to him that he wasn’t supposed to get Preston out of his carrier.

Just this morning Kaci was trying to give Preston kisses while he was in his bassinet thing but she couldn’t quite reach him and she almost fell in on top of him so I told her if she wanted to give him kisses she needed to ask for help and not do it that way. I helped her kiss him and then turned around to keep making breakfast, when I turned around not even five seconds later she was in the bassinet with/on him. She was sitting on his feet but I don’t think that much of her weight was on him because he didn’t seem upset at all but I had to pull her off him and tell her that she could not get in the bassinet either!! So I guess it is more work because the other kids love him so much and you really have to watch them.

They are really so sweet though. Every morning when Kaci wakes up the first thing she says is “Where’s the baby?” and that is followed by “I kiss him?” Kaci is always wanting to hold him and kiss him and she is always willing to help out in any way she can.

Colton is also very sweet and involved. When Preston was a few days old we were on a drive and Preston started crying. Colton was really upset that the baby was crying and as soon as we could pull over and give Preston his binky Colton was very relieved and he kept saying “Thanks for helping my baby!” He will also randomly say “I love baby Preston.” And today at dinner Preston started fussing a little and Colton said “Aww baby Preston, do you miss being in Mama’s tummy?”

Preston is so sweet and we all love him so much. He is so much fun to snuggle and I love all of the little puppy noises that a new baby makes. He has such kissable cheeks and he is sure changing and growing so fast. This time goes by so quickly and I am trying to cherish every moment.

DSC02197

I can’t get get this picture straight but this is Weldon and Preston taking a nap together.

DSC02198

We also decorated the Christmas tree a few days after we brought Preston home.

DSC02199

Goofy Christmas tree face!!

DSC02201

First picture of every one (except me) together.

DSC02203

Sweet sleeping baby

A few days after Preston came home it was beautiful outside and the kids were feeling cooped up so while Preston was sleeping I pulled him next to the open window so I could see him and hear him if he woke up and Colton and Kaci and I went out side to play. Since it was so nice I decided to take some pictures of the kids.

DSC02204

DSC02206DSC02207

Colton is such a good brother, Kaci wanted to swing so he hopped off and pulled the swing back for her so she could swing. It is cute to watch these two interact and see how kind and considerate they are of each other. They remind me every day how I need to be. I am excited to watch their relationship with Preston grow and it will be so fun to watch all three run an play together.

DSC02208

Kaci’s excited swinging face

DSC02210

Colton with the neighbors cat Hobs

DSC02215

The day was really nice out side so I decided to wake Preston up and we all went on a short walk down the road. Look at those darling smiles!

DSC02217

I love the fall colors

DSC02219

Colton took this picture. He sure loves to take pictures and love the cell phone camera as well as my camera to take pictures of what ever he can.

DSC02221

Tummy time

DSC02222

Kaci laid like this on the floor by him for almost an hour just looking at him and sometimes holding his little hand.

We are so blessed to have such sweet little people in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment