Sunday, December 9, 2012

Introducing Preston

On Monday November 26, 2012 little Preston Weldon Payne was born. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long.  We decided to get induced on this day so that Weldon could get the whole week off of work to be home with the family. We went in to the hospital at 7:00 in the morning, they broke my water at about 10:00 that morning, started me on Pitocin around 3:00 that afternoon, I got an epidural around 5:00 and he was born at 10:40 that night. It was a long day just waiting around for him to get here. Things went well though, I only had to push for about 30 minutes, so that wasn’t bad at all. I was so tired by the time he was born though just because we were in there so long and it was so late at night by the time all was said and done and I was able to go to my room. Weldon was wonderful as always, but I always feel so bad for him just being there and waiting because it has to be so so boring for him, it is boring for me too, but I have to be there!! I am so glad that he is willing to just sit there and wait with me though because it does help the time pass faster to have someone there to talk too. He is a wonderful support and help during the pushing part too because he is so encouraging and kind, even going above the call of duty and holding a plastic tub for me to puke in ( nobody tells us these things before we have kids) but no matter how unglamorous childbirth is, they are so worth it!! I am very grateful that I have been blessed with the ability to have three beautiful children and that every thing has gone well during each delivery.
I love being able to hold my babies for the first time. I have carried them for nine months, but for the first time I get to see them and hold them in my arms and feel their skin and count their toes and it is such a sweet moment. Another favorite moment is watching Weldon hold them for the first time because for the past nine months they have been my own little friend and I have experienced every little movement that they make, but now I get to share them with my best friend and see how happy he is to finally meet them as well.  It is also fun and so sweet to introduce the new baby to their siblings and watch how excited they are to meet him. It amazes me how loving and gentle children can be when holding a new baby for the first time, and how proud and grateful I feel when looking at my three beautiful children together.  I feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family.
DSC02143
Just waiting around in the hospital, but I can’t think of a better person to spend the time with!
DSC02144
Holding Preston for the first time, just seconds after he was born. He didn’t  cry much, just let out a little wail, and then just grunted and groaned a little.
DSC02149
A proud handsome Daddy!
DSC02167
Colton and Kaci meeting Preston for the first time. They were very excited to see the new baby and see that Weldon and I were alright, but the hospital scared Kaci a little bit.
DSC02170
When the kids came to visit with Monie they brought some beautiful flowers and a box of chocolates. It was very sweet, and they really enjoyed helping me eat the candy!
DSC02157
My Family!!!
DSC02155
Kaci with Preston
DSC02158
First kisses from Kaci
DSC02160
Checking out the baby
DSC02163
Colton holding Preston
DSC02164
First kisses from Colton
DSC02175
Colton and Mama and Preston. Colton thought that it was the coolest thing ever that my bed would move when you pushed a button, but it scared Kaci so she wouldn’t sit on the bed with us to get a picture, silly little girl.

These next few pictures are of our first day home with baby Preston. It was so good to be home, when we drove up the kids came running out side and acted so glad to see us. It made me feel really good. They were so sweet, Kaci ran up and said “you ok Mama?”  and wanted to know if the doctor gave me shots, and Colton wanted to know if we brought the baby. Their concern over me and the baby was just heart melting. Kaci was much more at ease now that we were in our house and holding the baby made her excited and giggly, she kept laughing and saying “Baby funny!!” and “silly baby!!” I think those were the only words she could think of to explain her happy excited feelings. It was cute to watch. Colton really really wanted to feed the baby a bottle, it was something he mentioned often when we would talk about having the baby, that he wanted to “rock the baby and feed it a bottle” so we had some formula that the hospital gave us and he got to feed Preston. Before that happened though he made us die laughing because he saw me nursing Preston and he said "what are those?" I said "uh, these are Preston's sippies, this is how he gets his food." he watched for a few seconds and then lifted up his shirt and said "mine are open, can I feed him?" It was very funny!
DSC02180
Feeding Baby Preston
DSC02195
So excited about the new baby!!!
Life is good for us, we sure love Preston and are glad he is here!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Randa! Such a sweet Family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randa!!
    Oh my goodness! Our little boys were born within 24 hours of each other. Max was born on Sunday at 10:39 (or 10:49??). How fun!!! Excited to "catch up" with you on your blog. Loves and hugs.

    ReplyDelete