Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kaci is Two

Well my little girl turned two several days ago. I seem to say this all the time but the days and weeks and years are just speeding by!! It seems like she was just born a few months ago and I can’t believe that it has been two years. I hear people all of the time talk about “the terrible two’s” and just how hard two year olds are to deal with. I couldn’t disagree more!! I love this age. I love the personality that really starts to shine through and the independence that they are learning. Some times I jokingly call her “Kaci Dewit” because any time I try to help her with something she says loudly “No! Kaci do it!!” and that is how it sounds to me, Kaci Dewit. She is so sweet and loving and gives the sweetest kisses, even if they are a bit slippery. Kaci is not a rule breaker, or even a rule bender. No means no for her and there is not any way around that. For example if you tell her not to touch something there is no way she is going to touch it, or be ok with any one else touching it either. It is funny sometimes to hear her lecturing Colton, or even Weldon, not to touch something.
She is so much fun, she loves to look pretty, loves to have her nails painted, loves shoes and baby dolls, loves to have a ‘pretty bow’ in her hair, and loves to be snuggled. Sometimes during the day she will come up to me and say “hold you Mama” and want me to pick her up. Most of the time I really try to take a few minutes and hold her or sit and snuggle her because I know it is not going to last forever and I want to enjoy it while I can.
I think Colton was more excited for her birthday then she was, but I think that is mostly because he knew what was going on and she wasn’t so sure. He picked out a pink cake mix at Wal-Mart the day before her birthday and insisted I get them to make cupcakes for Kaci because it was pink.
DSC02104
This is Kaci when she first woke up and we gave her one of her presents. She got a new doll, new church shoes, new tights, some cute slippers from grandma Shurtz, a card and some money from Monie and Papa, and a balloon and a bracelet from Grandma and Grandpa.
DSC02105
Kaci and her new dollie
DSC02108
So excited!!
DSC02110
This is Kaci rocking her new baby. She was really funny to watch as she would fling her torso back and forth in order to make the chair rock.
DSC02113
For her birthday we did our toe nails just the same and they were so cute!! We did our fingers the same too but she wouldn’t hold still long enough to take a picture.
DSC02117
looking so cute before church on her birthday
DSC02124
Her pink cupcake with pink frosting
DSC02126
Frosting is the best!!
DSC02127
I don’t know why this is crooked, but I just wanted to show off her cute little curls, because I absolutely love them!! It is lots of fun to fix her hair and she does pretty good for the most part except if I take too long she gets impatient, but still for a two year old she does exceptionally well.
We all love this little girl and are so grateful for her and the joy she brings to this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment