Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

I was going to be all creative this year and make the kids some costumes, but I just ran out of steam and it never happened, so the night before Halloween I was at Wal-Mart with all of the other procrastinators to buy the kids some costumes, and I feel very lucky to have found some in their size at all! Colton was a football player and he LOVED his costume. He kept saying “Thank you Mama for my outfit!” as he ran around bashing his head into Weldon and trying to tackle him. He was funny. Kaci liked hers too, but she likes anything pretty so I thought she would, the only thing was that she wanted something on her head too, so we just got out a head band and a bow and she was happy.

DSC02092

Here the kids are looking super cute and ready to go trick-or-treating

DSC02093

First stop Grandma Shurtz’s house where they got yummy popcorn balls!

DSC02096

Next we went to the “Trunk-or-Treat” where we saw my parents and Shane and the kids got lots of candy. (excuse the very pregnant, very puffy me. Only four more weeks!!)

DSC02098

Finally we went to Monie’s and Papa’s where the kids each got a kite, a little book, and some candy. They decided they liked the whole idea of Halloween after they realized how much awesome stuff they were getting!

Earlier in the day we did a Halloween craft and made little bats out of egg cartons, here are some pictures of the kids doing that.

DSC02089

DSC02090

I had them take their shirts off because after I bought the paint I realized it was permanent, and little kids and permanent is just a bad combo!!

DSC02099

A finished little bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment