Friday, November 2, 2012

Jammies

During the second trimester of this pregnancy I got really into sewing and making things and one of the things that I wanted to do was make the kids some winter pajamas. I borrowed a pattern from Weldon’s mom and got some fabric and made both kids some warm winter jammies. I am proud of myself because I did them all alone and just followed the directions in the pattern. I have lots of people close that are excellent sewers that would have been glad to help but I wanted to see if I could do it. Kaci’s are too big and Colton’s are almost too small, but all in all I think I did ok considering this was my first real sewing project to do and they had collars and buttons and everything. I made Kaci’s first and she didn’t like me trying them on her at all so I was really afraid that she wouldn’t wear them. When I got them done I decided to wait until I had Colton’s done as well so that she would see him be excited about his and would want to wear hers too. Colton asked me almost everyday when his Spongebob jammies would be done and at night it was hard to get him to wear his other jammies because he wanted his Spongebob ones so I knew he would be excited about his. He even got to help me sew them a little. Here are the finished pajamas.

DSC02076

Any way I am just glad to have them done. Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart and I walked past the kids section and they had these types of pajamas and even had some that were Spongebob for $9.00. I about died because that is about how much it cost me to make these and it would have been so much easier to buy them! Oh well, I learned a lot from making them and it was kind of fun watching them come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment