Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Fun

It is so much fun to have a kid old enough to get excited about things like Halloween and Jack-O-Lanterns, and because Colton is excited about it Kaci gets excited too. Several weeks ago I checked out a book from the library that had a Jack-O-Lantern in it and after I explained to Colton what it was he decided that he really wanted to make one. This last week I finally went to Wal-Mart and got two pumpkins, one to carve and one to cook and make into a pie. Colton was so excited that we were getting them that the whole time we walked around the store if we would stop next to some one he would say “Hey, see our pumpkins? We make Jack-O-Lanterns!!” Luckily every one was really nice and would act interested and tell him how fun that sounded. We brought them home and for family home evening activity carved pumpkins, as I said I had planned on keeping one but after we finished the first one the kids though it was so neat that they really wanted to do the other one too, so we did both of them. Here are some pictures.

DSC02064

Colton was very interested in the whole carving process

DSC02065

Pulling out pumpkin brains

DSC02066

The kids didn’t like the way that the seeds and slime felt on their hands, so they each only pulled out one handful

DSC02069

Posing with the Jack-O-Lantern

DSC02071

The kids thought that it was especially neat when we put a little candle inside and lit it. we have the pumpkins on our steps and every time we walk out the door Colton thinks we need to strike a match and lite the candle.

This next story has nothing to do with pumpkins but I thought it was cute so I need to write it down before I forget it. I took the kids to the park today and a little girl from nursery was there with her mom and Colton was talking to her. Kaci couldn’t see him so she asked me where he was and he said “I’m over here talking to the kid.” Then he walked over to me and sighed and said “She’s pretty Mama!!” I laughed at that one. She is a darling little girl though, she has very pretty long blond hair and her mom always has it fixed so nice and neat, so even though he is only three years old he already has good taste in girls!!

Kaci is doing very well with her potty training, I think it is mostly because she gets to run around with out a diaper on and she really hates diapers. For the past few days she has used the potty every time and hasn’t had any accidents or wet diapers (I still have her wear diapers when we leave the house) I think she really likes it and it is about time to get her some big girl underwear because she keeps getting in the laundry and putting on Colton’s underwear and wearing them around the house.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your family too Randa, Such cute kids and congratulations on baby #3!

    ReplyDelete