Sunday, December 1, 2013

Playing in Puddles

Were we live we are in the middle of two pastures and in order to water the grass in these pastures they just flood them from the canal behind the house. Some times they over flood them and when that happens we end up with some really big puddles in front of the house. One of the good things about these puddles is that they sure are a lot of fun for Colton and Kaci to play in; mostly Colton!

I got the kids in their swim suits and we went out to play in the mud. They were both so excited to be “swimming”. Kaci got in enough to get the tops of her feet wet and then when the mud started to squish between her toes she started whining/crying and said “I’m dirty! I need to go inside and take a bath!” I told her no way because we just got out side. (and for what ever reason when there are three people to get into swimsuits and get sun screened up and get ready to go outside something that should be as simple as playing in the mud takes 15-20 minutes to prepare for so we were definitely not going in the house just yet.)

After I told her to just play on the swings if she didn’t like the mud I looked over at Colton and he is literally sitting in the middle of the other puddle and is scooping huge handfuls of mud into his lap. There is no fear of getting dirty for that little boy. I just had shake my head and laugh at the differences between the two. I don’t know if it is a boy/girl thing or just a Colton/Kaci thing, either way they are pretty different.

After we played outside for a while we did go inside and take a bath and then I had to clean the tub because those two, well Colton really, had so much mud it was crazy! It was a fun day though and stuff like that makes for funny memories and fun moments just being kids. I love it.

34

Yay for Mud!!!

Something that I love about this time of year is that it is monsoon season. I love the dark clouds and the thunder (as long as it is still light out side because I admit I am a chicken and it scares me when it gets dark) and sometimes even the wind. I love these summer storms. The kids get so excited about the rain too and it is fun for me to see them be so excited about it. We have started going on drives in the evenings if it looks like it is raining somewhere in the valley and chasing the rain. I love these drives because it gives us time to visit and hang out as a family and do something together that we all love doing. One time we were chasing the rain and when we caught up to it it was raining so hard that we could hardly see through the windows. We were on a back road so Weldon pulled the car over and we sat and watched it for a minute. Then Weldon dared me to get out and run around the car in it so I did (Can’t pass up a dare) and when I got back in I was pretty wet. Then it was Weldon’s turn and as he was running around the car I locked the doors to mess with him. I wasn’t mean enough to keep him locked out very long, just enough for him  to pull the handle and realize that they were locked and then I unlocked them right away, but that extra second in the rain was enough to get him soaked! It was pretty funny. The kids were laughing and then Kaci said “My turn! My turn!” but we knew she wouldn’t have liked that much rain plus neither one of us felt like getting out again so she had to stay strapped in. It was fun.

The first rain of the season we let the kids get out and run and play in it and it looked like so much fun that Weldon and I took turns holding Preston on the porch and running and playing in the rain with the kids.

DSC02805

DSC02808

We had fun in the rain and the kids got pretty wet and loved ever second of it. We are one family that definitely loves the rain and we are very grateful for every drop we get!

This is kind of random for this post but I don’t know where else to put it so here it is. A while ago my Grandma Skinner came to visit while Adelle was down and Larissa came over too so we had sort of a mini reunion and we got to take a picture of Grandma with her Great Grandkids. It was neat because these are all of the grandchildren  up to this point.

35

No comments:

Post a Comment