Friday, December 23, 2011

The Week before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas… If I were really creative I would make up a cool little poem or something, but I’m not so I will just write about what we all did this last week.

My sister Adelle was down visiting so we got to go over and see them. I was fun to watch Colton and Wyatt play and to get to hold baby Cache. One evening we were all talking in the kitchen and we could hear Colton and Wyatt chattering in the living room. We could only make out a few words here and there but they seemed to understand each other, it was so cute. Here is a picture of them just hanging out.

DSC01488

On the way out to my parents’ house Weldon let Colton drive on the dirt road. The sun is in a bad position, but the look on Colton’s face is priceless. He was so excited and he wanted to make sure he had his music on too.

DSC01490

DSC01494

We also got to visit with my Grandma and Grandpa Skinner for a little while.

DSC01500

The light in the mirror is really bad, but it is the only one with every one looking and Kaci is even smiling.

Colton and Kaci also got to see Santa Clause. The line to see him was ridiculously long and I was getting so frustrated because all these little kids kept cutting in front of us. I didn’t say anything because I figured it would be pretty Grinch like to yell at some five year old who has waited all year and is so excited to see Santa. We finally made it though. Colton was so excited while we were waiting in line but when he actually sat on his lap he got stage fright or something because he didn’t smile or talk or do anything, then in the car on the way home he said “ Thanks Santa!” which is what I kept trying to get him to say after Santa gave him his bag of goodies. Oh well, better late then never I guess!

ColtonSanta

Silly boy, I don’t think he ever even made eye contact!

KaciSanta

Kaci even sat on Santa’s lap for a few seconds before she started to cry.

They got more excited when we made it home and they got some of the candy from Santa’s goodie bags.

DSC01516

Yay for suckers!!

DSC01519

DSC01522

Colton got one too

No comments:

Post a Comment