Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Letter to Weldon

I wrote this letter to Weldon during one of the hardest times of our marriage up to that point, I didn't blog much during our faith transition because it was such a hard time for us and it was hard for me to think positively of our situation. I found this letter that I wrote to Weldon several years ago and I wanted to include it here to remind me that if we ever go through such a rough time again that this marriage is worth fighting for and we are worth fighting for. I married a good man and sometimes I just get angry and dwell on the negatives when I should be focusing on all of the things that are wonderful. Here is a letter I wrote after one of our arguments:

Dear Weldon,
This morning I was frustrated and upset with you and was feeling very negative and grumpy and I didn’t like the way that felt so I started to write down things that I love about you and found that the more that I wrote the more I realized that I love so very many things about you. I made a quick list in no particular order of some of the things that I love.
Here it is:
Reasons I love Weldon
1. He is fun to be with
2. He is funny
3. He can make me laugh over the silliest things (Think “good, clean, fun!”)
4. He is smart
5. He is kind
6. He is the world’s best dad
7. He knows me better than anyone else and loves me anyway
8. He is very knowledgeable and can research like nobody I know
9. He has funny quirks and habits that make him special and unique
10. We get along and our personalities go great together
11. He is trustworthy
12. He is one in a million
13. He is super handsome
14. He has nice hands
15. He is patient
16. He is my best friend
17. He knows all of my buttons to push… good and bad
18. He makes me feel good about myself
19. He is always very complimentary of everything I do
20. He teaches me patience and the value of thinking before I talk
21. He makes me a better person
22. He helps around the house
23. He makes this house a home
24. He keeps our family strong and together
25. He always thinks of himself last
26. He puts everyone else’s needs and wants ahead of his own
27. He somehow comes up with the energy to give the kids and me the love and attention we need when I know he would like nothing better than to have some alone time and rest from work
28. He goes to work every day to make sure we are taken care of and provided for
29. He is very responsible
30. He gives me butterflies
31. I am never bored
32. He is not judgmental of my flaws
33. He is forgiving of my mistakes
34. He shows me how to relax and have fun
35. He helps me not be too uptight
36. He is teaching me how to better communicate
37. He is very goal oriented
38. He is forward thinking
39. He is always encouraging and supportive of my hopes and dreams
40. He is brave, not only in the traditional sense of the word but also brave for having dreams and goals and being willing to go after them and not giving up on himself
41. He is an example to me of what dedication to something can be
42. He is strong; both physically and mentally
43. He is an example to me in so many ways
44. He is not afraid to apologize to the kids if he acted too hastily
45. I have a great life because I get to share it with him
46. We have the same long term hopes and dreams for our family
47. He is gentle
48. He is observant
49. He is sensitive to the feelings of those around him
50. I have learned so very many ways about how I can be a better, kinder person just by being around him
There are only fifty things on this list and they don’t even begin to scratch the surface of why I love you. You are my everything and I don’t care if we don’t see eye to eye on everything because I love you anyways. You will still be a good person and the wonderful man I married no matter what choices you make religiously. I will love and support you regardless. I love you and I am sorry when I don’t always live up to your expectations.
Weldon I love you so much and in so many ways that I would never be able to put into words on paper. You are a good guy and you mean the world to me. I am sorry and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment