Wednesday, July 13, 2016

November



Life is going great for us over here. The main thing going on is that Weldon did not get the job in Springerville, but that’s ok because he got on with Matrix here at the Safford mine. It is close to home and they gave him a work truck too and now we don’t have a looming deadline of an ending job so that is nice too. It was actually really great because Weldon’s bosses at Ames heard Matrix needed a safety guy and since their contract is over at the end of this month and they actually gave Matrix Weldon’s resume, and then Matrix called him and asked if he would come work for them. It made him feel good that Ames thought well enough of him to recommend him to someone else even if it left them short staffed until the end of the month. He now works only eight hour days and is usually home around three every day. It is nice but weird too! Lol I have been so used to getting all of my work done after every one goes to bed so now I am trying to rearrange when I accomplish stuff. But it is really nice to have him here to help the with the kids’ bed time and especially to get to spend more time with everyone.



So creepy thing that happened here a few weeks ago: I was doing laundry in the morning and decided that since I was doing it anyway that I may as well wash all the sheets that day instead of wait until the next day like I had originally planned. I pulled the sheets back off our bed instead of pulling them up like I normally would when I fix the bed, and there in between the flat sheet and the fitted sheet was a nasty scorpion! It was very much alive and tried to run under the bed before I smashed him. I was so freaked out because we must have slept with him all night and I had Owen in bed with me half the night and Preston in bed with me for a few hours too. I was so grateful some little guardian angels helped me choose to do the sheets with the regular laundry so that I found him instead of just making the bed and having him there another night. I hate those things!!


Earlier last week the kids and I went with mom and dad and Shane to Grandma and Grandpa Skinners’ house and learned how to make a great pie crust. It was so fun and good to see them and fun to see the kids play and visit there. Colton about talked Grandma’s ear off about a field trip he went on and it was cute that he liked her enough to want to tell her every single tiny detail, and she was great enough to listen. The pies turned out great and Weldon (who is super picky about pie crusts) said they were the best pie crusts he had ever tasted so I was pretty happy. Thanks Grandma!!

Colton is so funny, he goes to school and loves it but he cracks me up because they get to go to the library on Mondays and pick a book to take home and he likes to choose books that he thinks will freak me out and then have me read them to him while he giggles an evil little giggle. In the past three weeks he has checked out books about scorpions, boa constrictors, and most recently spiders. These books have nice big color pictures and he thinks they are so fun to have me read so I make sure to respond with appropriate amounts of being freaked out. Haha what a goose, on this weeks book about spiders he put a post it note on the cover where he wrote: “mom you can rede it. Don’t be a frayd. I no you can” oh he cracks me up. And yesterday he got in the car and said “mom, the most hilarious thing happened today! Miss Monoghan took her shoes off!!” and that was it, that was the hilarious thing that he laughed about the whole way home, so I am not sure if there is more to the story, or if she has funny feet or what but he thought it was super amusing.



A While ago Colton was thinking about Grandma Shurtz and was feeling very sad that he will never get to see her again so we got some flowers and went and visited her grave. He is such a sweet boy to think of things like that.


Kaci is as sweet as ever she turned five years old and I just cant believe it, although in a weird way I guess I have been thinking of her as being five for a while now because she is so tall and so smart, she always talks so proper and makes sure to correct the boys if they are not pronounceing things correctly, which drives them crazy. She reads and writes a little too. I love to hear her reading books to Owen or her baby dolls. She is such a good little mama and is so stinking cute. A few days ago Weldon painted her fingernails and yesterday as I was driving Colton to school she said “mom, Daddy is just not very good at painting fingernails because he just hasn’t been able to practice very much!” she resolved to let him practice on her nails a lot so he can get better at it. It is so cute to she Weldon do stuff like fix her hair and paint her nails. He is such a good Daddy.






Preston is just this ball of ferocious two year old energy all day long and his mood swings are fast and unpredictable. Thankfully most of the time he goes from being a tough power ranger or ‘captain tomerica’ (as he says) to just a sweet snuggle bug who wants to give lip kisses and cuddle and we don’t see too much of beastly Preston, lol he just feels all of his emotions very passionately and if he is happy he is very happy, sad very sad, wild very wild and so on. Lately if he hears something sad or bad he will scrunch his for head up and say “that not good” while shaking his head. He is such a sweet boy and I am grateful for him.





Preston's Birthday was on Thanksgiving this year so we celebrated at Monie and Papa's house with cousins

Owen is getting so big. Just make it stop!! He pulls up on furniture and is trying to get into everything, he is a super big helper when I do the dishes and laundry and pulls things out faster than I can put them in. he loves snuggles and mimics sounds that people make and is just so darn happy. He follows me around the house saying “mam mam mam” and when he wakes up in the night he cries and says “mam mam” it is pretty hard to resist when there is such a cute little voice calling your name! he is the only one or our kids to say Mom first, the other boys said “dada” and Kaci, bless her heart doesn’t count because her first word was “shoe” so… Any way I am enjoying his sweet little self. We all just love him to pieces!


 I was trying to get a picture of him sleeping but the click of the camera woke him up and he was so happy to see me! I need to be more like him and wake up this happy!!


 before his first hair cut, it never came back curly but it was pretty long
First time pulling up into a standing position, he was so proud of him self!!

Other pictures of us

















 Our first home!!
 Pretty Pics



No comments:

Post a Comment