Monday, July 11, 2016

Christmas and Kaci's 3rd Birthday (and some other pictures I found)

The holiday season for us is extra fun and special because we also celebrate all three of the kids’ birthdays during those few months so it is like a party all of the time!! Because I am still trying to catch up to current events I will just post lots of pictures and tell a few stories about the kids.
Christmas
Christmas is a magical time of year when there are children involved and it is so much fun to see them get so excited about stuff. We were sad though because we were really looking forward to seeing Santa and stuff but the night of the ward party Colton got the flu bug and puked about an hour before we were supposed to go. He was really bummed and felt so bad but we told him that we could mail a letter to Santa to let him know what Colton and Kaci wanted, so that is what we did.
Christmas came and the kids were so excited about all of their new things! Kaci got a bike and a doll house and Colton got some action figures and pirates and Preston got a train and some shape sorting games. I didn’t get a whole lot of pictures because my memory card got a virus (apparently it is possible) and wouldn’t let me recover many of my pictures.









So excited!




It was a good Christmas and we all had a good time. Colton and Kaci also got slingshots from Santa but they aren’t strong enough to use them so Weldon and I have been taking them with us on walks and practicing with them and they are so much fun!!

KACI’S BIRTHDAY
My sweet baby Kaci turned three years old this year! In some ways I can’t believe that she is that old and at other times it is hard to believe that she is ONLY three years old just because she is so tall (size 4T and almost too big for those) and she talks so very well, she rarely throws temper tantrums or fits like most people would associate with a three year old. She is so smart, she knows almost all of her letters and is very self motivated to learn things, plus she has a memory on her like nothing I have ever seen!!  She is such a good sister to her two brothers and she likes to try and ‘mother’ every one, including us as her parents. Kaci loves to play with her baby dolls and one time when we asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up she said “a nurse…like Mama nurses Preston!”
She is such a sweet little girl and she is surprisingly sensitive and intuitive to what people around her are feeling. An example of this is that a few weeks ago I had a cousin who died unexpectedly and it made me feel very sad. Weldon and I briefly explained to the kids that Mama’s cousin had died and that it made me feel sad. I was sitting on the couch feeling kind of low and Kaci came and sat by me and snuggled me. pretty soon she was laying in my lap and was reaching her hand up and stroking my hair and patting my face and kept saying things like “You’re beautiful Mama, I like your hair, I like your shirt, I love you Mama.” It was so sweet, she was trying to do everything that she could think of to make me feel better. Then she said “I’m sorry your cousin died, what did he look like? was he nice?” I found it strangely comforting to sit there while she played with my hair and talk about my cousin Ashton. After I was done she said “I just loved Ashton!” Even now sometimes she will randomly say “I’m sorry your cousin died, is he with Jesus?” To which I tell her that yes even though it is sad that he died it is ok now because he is with Jesus. What a sweet little girl.
At three years old Kaci loves to look beautiful, wear dresses, jewelry and whenever she can get away with it, some of my make up. She loves pink and says she loves blue too but I think that is mostly because blue is Colton’s favorite color, but given the choice she chooses pink every time. Kaci loves to be out side and she especially loves to swing, she likes to close her eyes while swinging because she says she feels like she is flying. Kaci is quiet and reserved around people she doesn’t know but at home she is quite the goof and loves to be silly. She idolizes her Daddy and Colton and she is a great snuggler! Kaci gets scared very easily and sometimes she still ends up in bed with us if she is afraid during the night. Kaci is definitely a ‘go getter’ . Every morning she wakes up and gets herself dressed usually before any one else is out of bed or dressed, I think it is because she loves to be able to pick out her own clothes and not have someone else decide what she will wear. She also LOVES to go to town, it doesn’t matter where a person is going, if she sees us start to get ready to leave she makes it very clear that she wants to come too! Kaci has a very good imagination and I love to listen to her play. She sings songs to her babies and flies Colton’s cars around. One time she played an entire afternoon with three different sized combs, one was the mom, one was the dad, and of course the littlest one was the baby and she had so much fun with her little comb family. Another thing about Kaci is that she likes everything to be fair, if she gets a marshmallow or a piece of gum she wants to make sure that Colton gets one too. She has never been the type to want something that no one else had and is always so good to share her snacks with Preston or Colton. I am so blessed to have this little girl in my life. We love her so much and she adds so much to our lives.

For her birthday all Kaci wanted was a carseat like Colton’s (a booster seat) and since she was the right age we went a head and got her a pink and black one and she was so excited. She also got a stuffed dog toy she named Jingle, a new dress and hair bow that I made her and a pack of gum because Kaci is a gum junky!! in fact I rarely buy gum any more because she would just go through my purse and eat it all in like a day. Here she is modeling her new dress. She is so beautiful.





Some other pictures of the kids I found:











































 We did a science experiment where we put an egg in vinegar and it basically dissolved the shell




































No comments:

Post a Comment