Wednesday, July 13, 2016

December 2015



I just love this time of year, it just makes me so happy!! All of the holidays and family time, not to mention it makes me feel all lovey dovey since this time of year was when Weldon and I met and got engaged and then have our anniversary on the 15th of this month as well. Yay us! It has been nine years! Nine… that is crazy to me. Things are going good for us here. We are loving having Weldon work almost half as much as he was with Ames. It has been nice to have him home more. I always start with Colton and then go down in order and by the time I get to Owen all I basically say is “he is so cute and I love him” which is very true, but this time I am going to start with Owen so I can actually remember everything I want to say about him. 



He really is so cute and I do love him so much. He is just so happy all the time and he makes me feel so good because whenever he sees me he smiles at me like he hasn’t seen me for weeks and just lights up all over. He is so fun because he likes to mimic noises. I didn’t realize that I am apparently a loud shopper until he started copying every sound I make as we peruse the isles. We hmm and haa and sometimes click while making shopping decisions and when he does all the sounds with me it gives me the giggles so then we giggle together and I am sure that I look insane laughing and talking and making noises with him. Oh well we have fun and that is all that matters. He also likes to get into yelling matches with the kids so it can get pretty loud around here. And he growls while he crawls around and Weldon thinks it is funny to growl back at him and then they go back and forth on that. It’s pretty funny. He likes to be anywhere that I am and if I walk out of the room without him it can be pretty offensive to the little boy, especially if I do something insane like close the door while I go to the bathroom. He will lay outside and cry and stick his fingers under the door or lay on his back and kick the door. But as soon as I open the door and pick him up I am rewarded with the biggest brightest grin so it is hard to get irritated with him. He has two bottom teeth and two top teeth and wrinkles his nose when he grins, it is almost like he knows that he has teeth on the top now so he is trying to figure out how to smile big enough to show them off. He loves bath time and his blanket. Whenever he is crawling around and finds his blanket he stops and rolls around on it and rubs his face all over it. He also tries to crawl and bring it with him by holding it in his mouth but he doesn’t usually get too far before he gets tangled up and has to drop it. Oh and he actually crawls now instead of just army crawl. Unless you are chasing him then he squeals and reverts to army crawl because it is faster. He is just such a fun and happy baby and I am so grateful for him. He usually wakes up once during the night and comes in bed with me and snuggles for a few hours before I put him back. I don’t mind though, I like the snuggles. It is funny because before I had kids I swore that I would never ever do any type of co sleeping. I still like for them to spend most of the night in their own bed just because we all sleep better that way, but I am so grateful for that extra close snuggle time that I got to have with each of my babies. As they are getting bigger and older it seems like time is just going faster and faster so I am trying to enjoy all of the little everyday things before it is too late. I love being a mom and I am grateful that I am able to be. Well that is more than I had said about Owen in a long time! Oh and I almost forgot, he got his first haircut on Sunday! Not gonna lie, I cried a little. It just aged him so much and makes him look older. It was time though his longest strands were probably six inches or so and I would have just let it keep growing to keep the curls, but it wasn’t the same all over. There were strands that were really long and then places that were only an inch or so, so it almost made him look like he had a bad Donald Trump style going on, although he looked much cuter if I do say so myself. Any way ne is still super cute and it really does look better. Time will tell if he keeps his curls or if they are gone forever like Preston’s.









Preston is getting big and is so fun too. He is three but if people ask him he usually says he is seven. Not sure why he settled on that number but he for sure doesn’t think he is a little kid anymore. He is in ‘the streaker’ stage and trying to keep this boy dressed for any amount of time is nearly impossible. Sometimes I think he tells me he needs to go to the bathroom just so he can take his clothes off. Haha little pill! He is so fun and he loves to snuggle and play, especially if he can be a tough guy like ‘mactin tomerica!’ (Captain America) or a power ranger. I love the way he talks. He is pretty easy to understand (for me anyway) but he likes to add the ‘L’ sound to words, for example: bludder blies instead of butter flies and bloke instead of broke and so on. I think last time I mentioned that he also calls the dollar store ‘da dallow door’. It is just really fun to hear his voice and decode his language. He loves super heroes and power rangers and likes to imagine fighting bad guys and stuff. The other day he told me that he wants to marry spider man because he is blue and red. Haha I mean that just makes perfect sense… he is blue and red, what’s not to love?! He is sweet though and somewhat mischievous, I love the way his little blue eyes sparkle when he is being silly or a little naughty. He sure adds a lot to our family.




Kaci is fun and sweet as always. She loves her dollies and is quite the little mama. Most of the time she will say she found the babies in the forest and then didn’t have a mom or dad so they asked her to be there mom, so who knows maybe she will grow up and adopt some babies someday. She loves to be in charge and she is also a perfectionist. It actually drives her crazy that Preston doesn’t pronounce things correctly all the time and she is sure to be there to let him know the right way to say things. She does this with Colton too if he doesn’t say something right. She is so smart and she seems older that sometimes I forget that she just barely turned five. And then she will do something the helps me remember… like a few months ago when she took the scissors and cut a chunk of her hair off right where bangs would be. It’s not too bad, I mean it is only about two inches long now in that spot but I am not going to cut the rest of her hair to that length. It will grow back and it mostly looks like we are growing out bangs or she has extra new hair growing in there. I didn’t want to make too big of a deal out of it though, I just let her know that if she wants a haircut that we have someone else do it and that she can’t cut her own hair. She is as sweet and snuggly as always and I just love her. I don’t know if I have already said this but she has lost two teeth already. I was really worried at first because I am pretty sure that she just worked at them until they fell out so she could be like Colton and have the tooth fairy bring her money. I was worried because I was afraid that with her being only four at the time that maybe she had done some damage to her teeth but one is already growing back in and hopefully the other one will come in soon as well. Oh my sweet determined wonderful little girl. I sure love her and her grown up little personality.

And Colton. My goofy happy, always ready to party Colton. He is a bundle of fun and I rarely in a bad mood. He is usually really good about doing his school work and hardly ever complains. He is so smart he is doing really well at school and I am so proud of him for that, especially since he started out so far behind every one because I didn’t work enough with him to help him be ready. He loves school though and I am so glad. He has a little Christmas choir performance coming up next week and he is really excited about that. He has been singing us all of his songs and he sings really well and I like to hear him. I heard something somewhere that said ‘a child who sings is a happy child’ I like to think that is true because he goes about his day singing all the time, and because he sings Kaci and Preston sing with him and they all sound so cute. Out of all of our kids he is the one who is the most excited for Christmas and I love to see that in him. He wanted to ask santa for a car that he can drive himself but I told him that if santa got him that there would be no room for presents for other kids in the sleigh so he decided to ask for a bike instead. Thank heavens! Sweet little boy




I love owning a home this year for the first time ever we decorated the outside of the house and if I do say so myself it looks pretty darn cute! This house was made to be decorated for Christmas, but we didn’t want to mess with lights so we just put bows on the lights and decorated the post and put a wreath on the door.

We also got family pictures taken by Weldon's cousin Marquette and she did such a good job!

































No comments:

Post a Comment