Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Slingshot Walks



 Things are going great here for us. Colton LOVES school and it makes me so happy. The first day he cried when I picked him up because he said he just missed me so much and he thought he would have to stay all night and it was so long, but after he worked that through his system and we promised we would always come pick him up and not forget about him he was fine. He wakes up first every morning and I usually wake up because I can hear him singing in the bathroom while he fixes his hair and brushes his teeth. He is so cute and he really likes his teacher and being around all of the other kids. It made me laugh to hear that Jayla has fallen in love because so has Colton, except he took it a whole step farther and kissed her on the lips on the third day of school. She told him not too and ran away. I am glad that his teacher didn’t see because I would hate for him to get in trouble for that, but we did have to talk to him about not kissing people at school. He is still ‘in love’ with her but she doesn’t want to play with him anymore. We asked him if they played together and he sighed and said “no, she just plays with everyone else, but not ‘the love boy!’”  and today he said “I just try to chase her but she sure is a fast runner!!” haha he is so funny but he doesn’t seem to be too upset about the rejection so that is good. When Kaci told mom (grandma) about it he just sat there and said “I don’t know what you’re talking about” and pretended he had no idea. He is so sweet and silly and missing all of his front teeth so when he laughs or smiles he looks so stinkin’ cute and you can’t help but laugh with him.

Kaci is as sweet and helpful as ever. She is such a smart little girl and loves to read, she is sitting next to me reading the ‘ding-dong’ book that mom and dad were nice enough to let us borrow and she does so good. It is fun for me to hear them read out of these little books because I remember learning to read with them as well and how exciting it was and it is fun to see them read them and enjoy them as well. She told me today she wishes she could go to school but she still has a whole year before she can even start kindergarten. Kaci is my sensitive child, which I love because she is so thoughtful, but at the same time I worry about because I don’t want her feeling responsible for everyone elses’ feelings and emotional stuff.  Sometimes she will just randomly start crying, like huge sobs, and when we ask what is wrong she will say “I don’t know! I just need to snuggle”. So I always try to stop what I’m doing and take a few minutes to snuggle and hold her and help her work through all of her big feelings that she just doesn’t understand. A few days ago I was talking about being nice to other people and told a story about Krista Wilson and Autism and how one time at activity days she got upset and took my soda and dumped it out and crushed the can because she was so upset at the noise of everyone. I tried to explain Autism and how the kids can’t help it and how even though they act different they still have feelings and how we need to be extra kind and patient with them. After that conversation Kaci went to her room to read and I started to clean up the kitchen. A few minutes later she comes up to me and doesn’t say anything but she hugs my leg really tight and just starts bawling, I ask her what was wrong and she said she didn’t know but she needed to snuggle so we went and laid on her bed and snuggled and she was crying and started telling me how she was just so sad that my friend Krista had autism and that she just felt so bad for her because Krista didn’t mean to act mean and scary and that it just wasn’t her fault. We had a good talk about feelings and always trying to be nice to everyone. (Mom thanks for encouraging me to be nice and be friends with Krista and inviting her over and to birthday parties and going swimming at her house and stuff, I feel it is because of this that I was never afraid of her, or other people with disabilities, and now that I have children I can imagine that it meant so much to her mother as well) Anyways, Kaci is my sweet, gentle, goofy snuggle baby and I love it.

Preston is awesome, he is tough, and busy and sweet and crazy and so much fun all of the time, although he recently learned how to tattle and that part is not so much fun. Silly boy. He learned a while ago that he can refer to himself as ‘a boy’, so whenever he is not being a scary dinosaur or a power ranger he is ‘A Boy!’. About a week or so ago he and Kaci were playing in the other room and their conversation went like this, Kaci: “do you want to play castle?” Preston: “ya” Kaci: “ok, I’ll be the princess and you can be the king” Preston: “no, I a boy” Kaci: “well then you can be the knight” Preston: “no, I a boy” Kaci: “ok then you be the prince.” Preston: “NO! I just A BOY!” Kaci got a little huffy at this point and exclaimed “Well a prince is just a boy that does whatever the princess tells him to!” to which Preston replied “ok, I just a boy prince” hahaha I was laughing so hard in the other room listening to them, and Kaci she has already got it all figured out in the prince department. Lol silly kids.

Owen is so cute and sweet all the time. He has two teeth and I think he is trying to get his top two in. he can sit pretty good by himself but I still put a pillow there because he gets excited and flings himself backwards. He can also army crawl around the house impressively fast and we really have to watch what we leave on the floor and also where we step now because he likes to follow people around the house. He likes to hear himself scream and he can get really loud. We have started giving him littler finger foods and baby food and he loves it but is not very patient when I try to feed him. You can tell when he is really man because he cries and does raspberries with his lips at the same time so he sounds like Chewbacca, it is sad but hilarious at the same time. He loves water and bath time and his brothers and sister. Most of all he loves just to be right in the middle of everything. I can just see his little eyes watching everyone and learning so much. Babies just amaze me.

Weldon and I are doing well. Weldon is testing for his ASP on Monday and we are really hoping he does well, I think he will unless he gets in his head and overthinks things. After the test on Monday we will drive up to Springerville for him to interview with one of the power plants up there. I have such mixed feelings about that, we have wanted to live up there for almost 5 years now and feel that it is a place that would be good for our family and offer a good quality of life as far as work/home life, but at the same time I really like my home here and love being so close to Mom and Dad and Weldon’s parents too, and Colton is in school and loves his teacher and is doing so good. I feel pulled in two directions, I guess I just need to have faith and trust that whatever is best for us is what will happen, if he gets the job then we will move and it will be the best thing that ever happen for us, and if not then we will stay and look back and be grateful that he didn’t get the job. In the end I will be happy where ever I am, home is where my family is, and that’s all that matters.



 We love our sling shot walks




 We also love living so close to the desert so we can just go play when ever we want

 Colton wanted to use my camera


 Weldon is so sweet. Kaci had a beaded necklace that she accidentally broke and she was so sad about it so Weldon sat down and patiently re-beaded the string for her so she could wear it again. He is such a great Daddy.
 A dress I made for Kaci, she loves it and wears it all the time. It makes me feel good

 At Blackjack playing in the stream


 Nothing beats playing in the water in your undies...

 ...except maybe playing in the water with out your undies! haha

 Drove up to the top of Mt Graham to Riggs Lake, it was really cold and we did not dress very  warm so we didn't stay long



No comments:

Post a Comment