Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Baby Owen

My goodness, I am almost a year late, but better late then never right? So many things have changed for our family in the past year, best of all is that we added another member. Owen Blaine Payne is the sweetest little boy and we just adore him. He was due January 20th and I thought he might come earlier, but I was wrong, he came almost an entire week later. As I went over due Weldon got more and more worried that I would go into labor while he was at work (night shifts in Morenci) so we decided to get induced on friday to make sure he was there. I was freaking out because I really really didn’t want to be induced and I was feeling sad about not being pregnant any more and being able to feel my special friend moving inside of me. I was crying and a mess, but that is what we decided would be best. at the last minute as we were about to head to our appointment we got a phone call from the Dr office saying not to come in because the Dr had to do an emergency C section for someone. We were rescheduled for Monday at 8:45. I was so grateful and happy to have a little more time to be pregnant and get ready and not evict my little baby so soon. We planned on being induced Monday morning and I was still bummed because I had been induced with all of the other kids and I really wanted to see what it was like to actually go into labor, but I understood that Weldon wanted to be there too and if he was an hour away while I went into labor by myself with no one to watch the kids that it would be pretty scary. We all enjoyed the weekend spending time together and playing.
Monday morning I woke up at six to start getting ready for my appointment. Preston had crawled into bed with us and he laid there next to me and we held hands and snuggled and it was the perfect start to the day, getting that last little bit of time together before he was no longer the little one of the family. It was special. After snuggling together for a while it was time to get up, so I hopped into the shower and started to get ready. As I was getting ready I could feel my stomach tightening and having contractions, but they didn’t hurt at all, even less then my braxton hicks did. Any way they kept happening and so I started timing them and they started coming faster and closer together but still no pain. We ate breakfast and packed bags for the kids so they could stay with Monie and Papa and I told Weldon that I thought I was going into labor already and  he started timing with me. It was really cool and exciting. By the time Monie came and picked up the kids they were coming every two minutes and lasting a minute. We headed off to my appointment to see what the doctor had to say. While waiting to see the Dr they got stronger and even closer together, and since I was now just sitting and waiting they started to get pretty uncomfortable. We just decided to walk over to the hospital to get admitted in the OB department. They checked us in and then got a room for us and set us up. They checked me and I was already at a seven! it was awesome, they were all really surprised and they got nurses in there super fast setting up for the baby and put an IV in my arm. Now that I was literally strapped to all of the monitors and couldn’t do anything to distract from the contractions they started getting pretty hard and scary. I decided to get an epidural and I was very grateful that the epidural guy got there super fast to give me one. After I got the epidural they checked me again and I was at a 10, and they thought I would have the baby out by noon, but the epidural slowed things down and it took a little longer. That was ok though it gave me time to rest and just hang out. Soon enough, at 1:43 that afternoon Baby Owen was born!! The nurses asked me how big I thought he would be and I guessed about 8 lbs 3 oz because I could feel that he was pretty big. When he came out they were all amazed and kept exclaiming how big he was. He weighed 9 pounds 2 ounces and was 22 inches long! He was a big baby!! Everyone could hardly believe it, I could hardly believe it! My body handled it like a champ and I am so grateful for that, childbirth is a miracle, but I am also glad I had the epidural and didn’t have to feel what it was like pushing him out! He had a big head at 37 cm and chest at 36.5 cm and waist at 34.5 cm. He was beautiful and so perfect with all of his little chubs and rolls already. His heart wasn’t beating normal at first and that was kind of scary but everything is ok and it cleared up one its own after a few weeks.




Waiting can be boring, but I am glad that it was not painful once I got the epidural





















I cant believe how much I miss these kiddos, even when it is just for a day!!  Life is good for us!

Here are some pictures of us the first week at home and loving having Baby Owen around:
 Kaci has always loved babies and was so excited to have one in the house again

 holding babies always makes Weldon sleepy and some of my favorite pictures are of him napping with the baby


 Someone gave this little heart that said LOVE on it to Kaci and she gave it to Owen because she loves him so much
 Such a good older brother


 First bath at home. All of the other kids were so excited and wanted to help so Weldon was so patient and gave Owen a sponge bath on the floor so that all of the kids could be involved. He is the best!

 Preston and Mama getting some snuggle time in. He does pretty good not being the baby anymore as long as he still get the loves and snuggles that he needs. It is good for me too!!

 Little baby faces

 Preston loves his baby brother

 Weldon got a compass tattoo with each of the kid's initial in place of the north, south, east, west and Preston was so excited and grateful to have his letter on Daddy's shoulder. He sure loves his dad!
 so tender and sweet
 this picture makes me laugh because you can see Kaci lurking in the background waiting her turn to hold the baby! They want to hold him all the time and I have to make sure they each get the same amount of time so it is fair for them.
 Me and my squishy baby. He has the softest cheeks ever!



 Kaci loves to lay on the floor with her baby

 Kaci fell asleep holding Owen and sucking her thumb
 So much love
 We blew up balloons and let the kids play in Preston's bed with them


No comments:

Post a Comment